Thursday, October 31, 2013

Johan Troch



I am a composer songwriter, who started in 1983 with a band called Last Journey.
Strongly influenced by the music and spirit of Joy Division and Cocteau Twins, that also influenced a lot of bands in Europe during the “Cold Wave” scene in the early eighties.



In ’86 the band split up, and after two years, I began writing songs again to go further on my own.
At that time, I discovered other musical treasures like the Pat Metheny Group, who brought me also into the jazz-fusion world. Since ’84 I was also very charmed by Brilliant Trees from David Sylvian.
That and his following albums, introduced me also to great musicians like former Japan members: Steve Jansen, Richard Barbieri and Mick Karn.
But also Jon Hassell, Holger Czukay, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Kenny Wheeler, Robert Fripp, Bill Nelson, David Thorn and Mark Isham.



Years later, also film composers like: Thomas Newman, Cliff Martinez, Gustavo Santaolalla,
Michael Giacchino and many others influenced my work throughout the past years.
My work contains a personal voyage of these inputs that recalls also my deepest musical feelings and emotions. That’s why my music is something very personal from deep inside.
I also compare myself with painters. Normally I don’t replay songs or tracks of myself.
After I composed and recorded them, the work is done.
Just like a painter who doesn’t paint the same painting a second time. (mostly not)
I am aware of the fact, that this is unusual.



But the only thing I want to do is…..creating music, every time again something new.
But this doesn’t mean, that I don’t want to share my music to the world out there.
The internet is a great way for me to share my work with you all.
Knowing that my music reaches the hearts of some, is also a pleasure for me.